When I started this project, I didn’t realize how many queer teen books existed. I had assumed there’d be a small list, and the books could speak for themselves - that’s why there are books on this list that I wouldn’t personally read, but I think others may enjoy.
However, I’d like to highlight the ones that I’ve had the opportunity to read, and which I would recommend.
My favorite queer teen books:
- I am J, by Chris Beam
- Hero, by Perry Moore
- Tithe, by Holly Black
- The Will of the Empress, Tamora Pierce (any of her books)
Good books, but not my favorites:
- Ash, & Huntress, by Malinda Lo
- Luna, by Julie Anne Peters
- Tips on Having a Gay (ex) Boyfriend, by Carrie Jones
- Rage: A Love Story, by Julie Anne Peters
- The Butterfly and the Flame, by Dana De Young
Other queer teen books I’ve read:
Who am I? Here’s my personal tumblr.